The Perry Township Education Foundation is currently seeking a part-time Development Associate to join our team! Please see below for posting and details.
If you are interested in joining an organization whose mission is to support the education of our children, we are your opportunity! The Perry Township Education Foundation has a need for an individual with a passion for education and a willingness to work diligently on behalf of our students.
POSITION: Development Associate
POSITION PROFILE: The Development Associate is a part-time (16 hours) exempt position reporting directly to the Executive Director. The primary responsibilities are the facilitating of all fundraising events and providing development and administrative assistant support to the Executive Director.
• A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, or a business related field is preferred.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the Perry Township Schools Community is preferred.
• Experience with fund raising and community service is preferred.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills that support a team environment.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task with minimum supervision.
A job description is provided for your review.
Applications will be accepted through May 30, 2017.
Cover letter and resume applications may be forwarded to:
Perry Township Education Foundation
RE: Development Associate
The Development Associate is a part-time exempt position reporting to the Executive Director. The primary responsibilities are the facilitating of all fundraising events and providing development and administrative assistant support to the Executive Director.
• Develops and coordinates special event fundraising including logistics planning, sponsorship solicitation, marketing/social media, and volunteer management.
• Provides administrative assistant support to the Executive Director including updating the website and the Bloomerang database; clerical support for the grant process; monitoring of financial transactions; and responses to general inquiries.
• Works effectively with event committees to ensure the event planning process is thorough and productive.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of a formal volunteer recruitment program which would include an ongoing communication process and the formal recognition of volunteer efforts.
• Supports fundraising efforts including donor identification, tracking, and retention efforts.
• Develops a working relationship with local and regional media sources.
• Maintains adequate, historical records for all fundraising events.
• Performs other duties as required
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, business, or related field is preferred.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the Perry Township Schools community is preferred.
• Experience with fundraising and community service is preferred.
• Excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal, and communication skills that support a team working environment.
• Proficient computer skills with the aptitude to learn new software applications.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours as needed.
Encouraging boys to read with the successful "Guys Read" program.